at the heart of our actions:
- In order to limit automobile use, we encourage our guests to use public transport near our Hotel (VCub bikes, the bus or tramway). To give them a good example, most of our staff members use their bikes or take the tram.
- Our taps and toilets are equipped with water flow control systems.
- We have put up posters to encourage our guests to make environmentally responsible choices: “Please hang your towels up if you would like to keep them. If not, please put them on the floor if you would like them cleaned. Let’s all try to not waste water.”
- Most of our lighting was chosen because of its low energy consumption (low-energy lighting and LED lightbulbs).
- Halls and shared facilities all have presence detection.
- All of our electricity comes from sources of renewable energies.
- Most things we throw away can be recycled, from paper to cardboard without forgetting glass. The entire Vatel site has different recycling bins as well as posters explaining what goes where.
- We no longer use plastic packaging materials and single-use products. We have body and hair care products in the rooms in large bottles.
- To combat the use of plastic water bottles, Vatel Bordeaux has chosen the Castalie alternative, which filters the water from our distribution network in our hotel. Still or sparkling water is served in nice glass bottles.
- Eighty percent of our products have eco-labels with the references of our chemical products.
- All toilet paper, tissues and paper used in the offices are certified.
- Linin and bedding are Oeko-tex certified.
- The kitchens used short-circuit products and local produce, as well as organic produce.
Our daily goal: giving you the most comfort and the best quality of service with the lowest environmental impact.
Vatel Bordeaux has undertaken a quality approach for its future clients in reception, accessibility and information, with the Tourism and Handicap labels for its Hotel and its Vatel Restaurants. We strive to give you a quality stay, one that respects each individual and we are open to all types of client bases. As for our room equipment, we have one room that is for persons with reduced mobility and all of our rooms are equipped so that guests with one disability or more can enjoy optimal comfort and safety.
Vatel Bordeaux, in line with its integration approach, which respects each person, now works with an E.S.A.T., which is a company that employs disabled people, to wash and package the hotel’s linins.